PDA

View Full Version : Video of Peru - the dancing pleco

jessfish
02-09-2011, 11:21 PM
ok lets see what happens, i've uploaded my video on youtube & have been told how to embed it here...hope it works!!!

enjoy!!!
& to explain the video a bit, he does this everyday - several times! Has been doing this for a couple months - he either wants to be a goldfish, wants out of the tank, feels the need to work out a little, or wants my attention in some odd way - although he does this at night when the light is off LOL

ite_i_q9kno

Holy Crap it worked on the first try!!!!!
thanks everyone that helped with that!!!

Cyberra
02-09-2011, 11:29 PM
XD I think he thinks he is a goldfish

jessfish
02-10-2011, 12:16 AM
LOL thumbs2:

I think i should make this a vote - is he:

a) goldfish
b) exercising
c) wants out
d) wants that thing off his mouth/my attention

:19:

CassieLEO
02-10-2011, 01:05 AM
I think he thinks hes a goldfish LMAO!!!! He swims just like they are! How long has he lived with goldfish???

jessfish
02-10-2011, 01:11 AM
I think he thinks hes a goldfish LMAO!!!! He swims just like they are! How long has he lived with goldfish???

He's lived with one goldfish since i got him - so a yr.
& all goldfish since sept...he started this in novemeber maybe he was observing for a few months before giving it a try LOL

Cyberra
02-10-2011, 01:17 AM
XD Body of a pleco, brain of a goldfish

jessfish
02-10-2011, 01:33 AM
XD Body of a pleco, brain of a goldfish

LMAO thats amazing...i wonder if he will start trying to knock the food out of my hand at feeding time too...actually on second thought he is usually a 1/2inch from my fingers when i put his food in the tank!

Boompop3
02-10-2011, 01:51 AM
I think he's trying to be a goldfish but only in the dark because he's embarrassed lol

jessfish
02-10-2011, 03:23 AM
I think he's trying to be a goldfish but only in the dark because he's embarrassed lol

LOL i meant to correct that but ran out of time - he does this during the day, everyday, several times, sometimes for an hr...but i've also seen him do this at night when the lights are off lol so i don't think its attention hes after

he's perfecting his goldfish skills while they sleep lol

Gisela
02-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Looks like he is really happy with his buddies!

FishyPastor
02-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Thats the funniest thing I have seen. :)

Rue
02-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Very nice! He's gorgeous...so are the goldies.

I just checked it out on my new netbook...no problems seeing the video. Very clear (thanks for taking such a clear video btw...)

jessfish
02-12-2011, 02:00 AM
Very nice! He's gorgeous...so are the goldies.

I just checked it out on my new netbook...no problems seeing the video. Very clear (thanks for taking such a clear video btw...)

LOL thanks!! I was actually really impressed with the clear quality too! i took the video with my new ipod touch - freakin amazing clarity!

Rue
02-12-2011, 10:21 PM
iPod? Really? I'm doubly impressed! thumbs2:

CassieLEO
02-12-2011, 10:25 PM
I cant get enough of this video. My boyfriend was giggling at it too, and he isnt interested in fish AT ALL lol!!! I love your fishies! Keep the videos coming!!

jessfish
02-13-2011, 02:19 AM
I'll keep them coming - its fun!!! & i have entertaining fish! my friends never believe my stories....but they do now!

Scrup
02-13-2011, 07:23 PM
My big one does the exact same thing. Actually has a white spot on his nose from rubbing the acrylic. Strange...

jessfish
02-14-2011, 12:55 AM
My big one does the exact same thing. Actually has a white spot on his nose from rubbing the acrylic. Strange...

Same - i worry about his nose!!!

Cassandra
02-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Aww thats super cute! I cant wait for my plecos to get over their shyness and start showing more of their personalities.

jessfish
02-22-2011, 10:51 PM
I've had Peru for a yr...he used to play dead when i went near the tank...like i seriously thought he was dead - i would be getting the net ready to scoop him out when he would finally move!! LOL

he's only been dancing for a few months, even coming near my hand when i put his food in the tank has been the last few months...takes time for them to adjust i guess:ssmile: