PDA

View Full Version : Good Deal?

Gumshoe218
02-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Recently saw the following 55 gallon tank and stand on sale on CL for $100. I have never bought a used tank before. While I know there are always good deals, I'm bit anxious. Especially after reading about Cassie's ordeal with the leaking tank.

Tank would need a good cleaning and I would probably paint the stand. Had the seller send me a picture. Thoughts?

lugnut
02-08-2011, 03:42 PM
I am currently looking everyday on CL for a 30-50 gallon tank - based on what I keep seeing on CL for my area, this looks like a great deal assuming that it includes the stand. I'm weary to buy a used tank as well, but if you can see it prior to buying it, with water in it, I think I would go for this offer. If the seller doesn't want to fill it for you to see it, my suspicion would rise. If I was asked to fill a tank to sell it, I would do it and understand & appreciate the request...

Good Luck

Rue
02-08-2011, 03:47 PM
I think the price is right.

But if I was selling a tank cheaply, that was already put away...I wouldn't be filling it up with water either...that's up to the buyer to do...

CassieLEO
02-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Everything looks good, but you will have to look at it before you take it home. Look at the seals, and look for defects anywere. Dont be afraid to decide to not take it home.
I just bought a 45g Hex that has turned into a nightmare for me. Dont do what I did and just buy it without really looking it over...

Gumshoe218
02-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Appreciated your guys thoughts. I went and checked it out last night. The price was right, but I didn't feel like it was I was looking for. So I passed on it. Fortunately I'm in no rush to upgrade my tank, so I am going to take my time to make sure I find what I'm looking for.

skullduggery1
02-09-2011, 03:27 PM
The stand is a good one,not that petsmart particle board.You know the stuff that gets wet and crumbles from under your full aquariums?