PDA

View Full Version : Moss won't stick

Ticklemekevin10
02-08-2011, 07:24 AM
I've have java moss and fern on my driftwood for a few months now and it still not attached. I used fish line to tie it down and the fish line is coming loose and so is the moss. I was told it should only take like a month to attach itself to the wood. Can anyone help?

~Col~
02-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Does it look like it's growing?

I've attached moss using a piece of cotton, it seemed to take forever to start to grow and then all of a sudden it did and attached.

korith
02-08-2011, 07:43 AM
I use thread to tie the moss onto the wood. Can take a while for it to really attach itself to the driftwood.

After a while you'll be cursing the fact that the moss attaches itself to stuff. I've had it attach itself to the sponge filter, the gravel, the intake/outtake, stuff gets everywhere!

Ticklemekevin10
02-08-2011, 07:50 AM
Haha ya it pretty much floating onto everything but it's just bugging me that it's not attaching to the wood. I don't wanna end up losing it all after water changes.

And yes it starting growing fast just a few weeks ago

HODOR
02-08-2011, 07:50 AM
I also have used fishing line to attach java moss and java ferns to wood. It took awhile for it to finally attach, but once the moss attached it spread like crazy. The java ferns took longer to attach than the java moss, but they finally did. Just give it some more time and patience.

Ticklemekevin10
02-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Thanks viper! Good to know