PDA

View Full Version : How do I tell if its male or female

masterbusby
02-08-2011, 01:26 AM
I have heard a few things but am not sure. The one thing that I have heard that makes sense is females are more rounded because of the eggs. Not sure though. I will try to get some good pictures up for some help.

CassieLEO
02-08-2011, 01:32 AM
What type of fish are you asking about?

jessfish
02-08-2011, 01:46 AM
It depends on the fish & then the species of fish (with goldfish they say females are rounder - but what if its a pearlscale - which is round already & a fantail thats also got an egg shaped body?)

I've read diff things about the vent - i don't know if the butt is called a vent on all fish - but thats what im talking about LOL i've heard they have diff shapes...some fish get breeding stars... some it depends on the age...i have goldfish so only recently looked up how to tell the diff.

Regardless of the fish its really tricky!

i have a fish named Ben that i recently found out is probably female:hmm3grin2orange:

pics would be awesome & might help

KatzeSlaugen
02-08-2011, 02:32 AM
venting fish deal with looking at the size of the "vent" that the "reproductive material" comes out of. without stating the type of fish in question its kindof impossible to tell you how to sex it

shubunkin01
06-02-2011, 04:51 PM
:goldfish: :goldfish: How do I know if I have both male and female fish in my pond..I want them to breed. Will there be many offspring?

SmokeyCFH
06-02-2011, 06:17 PM
I assume you're talking about Koi? Try this site... http://www.nishikigoi-info.com/koi-care/sexing-koi.html

Cliff
06-02-2011, 09:18 PM
shubunkin01, please check your PMs

Lady Hobbs
07-07-2011, 01:49 PM
This question was asked in Feb and the poster has not returned since March so I assume he has gotten his answer already.