PDA

View Full Version : Microsorum pteropus 'Windelov'

Cassandra
02-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Does anyone have any luck with this plant? I bought 2 of these about 2 weeks ago and they are still in their pots at the moment. Im about to attach them to a piece of driftwood, but Im paranoid because I have always had bad luck with them, even though I keep reading they are easy care plants.

CassieLEO
02-05-2011, 08:01 PM
I give stuff about 1-2 chances and if it doesnt grow good or looks horrible I get rid of it and move to the next plant. Its not worth wasting hard earned money on something you never have luck with. Id go ahead and attach them, and if they dont do good, find something that will grow for you. Tanks are frusterating enough sometimes without a plant adding to frusteration...

Cassandra
02-05-2011, 08:03 PM
lol yeah no kidding...also I have pretty hard water here...I wonder if that could be doing it too....not sure what kind they need.

CassieLEO
02-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Im not so sure if the water hardness has anything to do with it. Im sur eone of the plant people can help you on that one. I fill up my tank with the cheap walmart and petco bulbs where you grow your own plant. Ive bought maybe 3 full grown plants, everything else is the bulbs. They grow much better for me since I dont use CO2 or anything...

Cassandra
02-05-2011, 08:12 PM
hmmm interesting...Ihad no luck with the bulbs, but im talking about the dry bulbs...are you talking about the ones that come in the plastic tubes?

Cassandra
02-05-2011, 08:13 PM
I dont have CO2 either...or at least not yet

CassieLEO
02-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Yep, I meant the dry bulbs. Give them time, they will. Also, if you save the box, they honor a replacement guarantee so you mail them back and they send you a replacement plus some...
I want to get CO2, but I dont have the funds for something like that LOL!! My boyfriend would freak if he saw that. LOL!!

Cassandra
02-05-2011, 09:02 PM
darn I kinda freaked when I saw they had the same white fuzz that was on my dead fish so I screamed "Its all your fault!!!" as I threw them into the trash hahaha

CO2 set ups are so expensive!!! If you can find a good welding supply you can find most of what you need way cheaper than buying a kit...thats what Im gonna do.

CassieLEO
02-05-2011, 09:04 PM
LMAO! Well, next time then LMAO!!!!!! They really are expensive. It was bad enough getting my RENA, after I talked about how the AC's being top notch. He just doesnt get it. He thinks I just like expensive stuff. UGH...

Cassandra
02-05-2011, 09:21 PM
lol the other day my husband was like "you know, we're about a thousand dollars into this thing..." meanwhile he just HAD to have his $1800 60" tv....."ummm yeah talk to me when we're about $1800 into this thing" haha:hmm3grin2orange:

CassieLEO
02-05-2011, 09:55 PM
LMAO! Awesome come back!!!!! He complained when I bought my used 10000.00 Dodge Charger, yet he bought a 65,000.00 souped up Dodge Ram. Psh, whatever ;)

Cassandra
02-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Gee sounds alot like my hubby. Hes always gotta have the new electronics. This is the first thing I have ever really spent a lot of money on. And they call us high maintenance......

CassieLEO
02-05-2011, 10:09 PM
They dont see that as high maintenance, they see it as a necessity. LMAO!!

Cassandra
02-05-2011, 10:11 PM
So true. Well this is our necessity.

DrNic
02-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Yeah that's just Windelov Java fern. I've grown it in a few of my tanks with intermittent success. It grows a lot slower than standard narrow/broadleaf java ferns and tens to require a lot more light. If it starts to die it makes a huge mess which can be a real pain. If you're going to try to attach it to driftwood or rocks I would get it into the brightest spot you have in the tank as it takes a bit longer to root than the other java fern varieties.