PDA

View Full Version : Crayfish is movin' again

CassieLEO
01-26-2011, 08:27 PM
SO my crayfish has decided on yet another home. He has destroyed the left hand side of my tank with his "House" under a peice of driftwood in my tank. Now he has decided that this isnt good enough and moved to the other side of my tank to buid his "Condo" and is in the process of excavating that. I have never met a more busy animal than this crayfish. Not only is he building his new condo, he also patrols where his other house is and literally picked up and threw a gold mystery snail out of his old "House" He then went over to the "Condo" and is pulling up all my plants and moving a piece of driftwood by PUSHING it. He is like Superman of crayfish LMAO!!! Hes funny and I love that he does this interesting stuff, but he makes my tank so darn messy. I have a hard enough time as it is keeping my tank neat looking and not overgrown. :hmm3grin2orange:

Lady Hobbs
01-26-2011, 09:09 PM
Amazing how busy some of these critters are. He's got to be more fun to watch than something that sleeps all day only to appear at night, tho. I don't care for invisible pets.

CassieLEO
01-26-2011, 10:12 PM
He is fun to watch because he isnt agressive with the other fish, and ive way more than once seen him pick up snails and toss them. I have a feeling thats how my mystery snails shell might have gotten broken. He can easily move Mopani wood and I dont even bother fixing his messes because the next day it will be even worse than before I fixed it LOL!!!
I dont like invisible pets myself. My peacock eel likes to hide a bunch and I always worry about him, and when im about ready to tear apart everything I see him moving around in the substrate.

Cyberra
01-27-2011, 01:22 AM
XD Is there any way to get a vid of the busy little crayfish?

flydustydawg
01-27-2011, 01:36 AM
What kind of fish do you keep with him?

CassieLEO
01-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Hmmm I havent made a video yet ill try making something though!!!! I have a Droid so I know I can upload to YouTube....

jaysee
01-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Crayfish are aquatic bulldozers :)

rich311k
01-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Sounds like a fun and busy critter.

Taurus
01-27-2011, 04:57 PM
He's just being a crayfish. Sound like normal crayfish behavior.....

CassieLEO
01-27-2011, 05:07 PM
It might be normal behavior but I still think its funny :P

jaysee
01-27-2011, 05:08 PM
mine moves the fake plants around the tank.

Taurus
01-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Cassie, you need to rename your crayfish to Cwip....construction work in progess.