PDA

View Full Version : Shreded Tail

kingkarter
01-23-2011, 11:55 PM
I got LFBN last night and to day i noticed he had a huge shred in the middle of his tail. At fist i thought maby one of the othere fish in the tank did it. But it spans allmost the hole length of his tail. Could it of caught it's tail on one of the fake plants in the tank?

flydustydawg
01-24-2011, 12:06 AM
that could be a possibility. When I used to have larry, the first betta that I had, that happened to him. I had to take the fake plant out because it shredded his fins up pretty badly. I would also keep a close eye on the other fish as well because that is not ruled out just yet.

BN plecos are pretty tough though. A lot of people keep them with fairly aggressive fish with out a lot of problems.

kingkarter
01-24-2011, 12:11 AM
that could be a possibility. When I used to have larry, the first betta that I had, that happened to him. I had to take the fake plant out because it shredded his fins up pretty badly. I would also keep a close eye on the other fish as well because that is not ruled out just yet.

BN plecos are pretty tough though. A lot of people keep them with fairly aggressive fish with out a lot of problems.

Ok should i take the fake plants out and see if it keeps happening?

flydustydawg
01-24-2011, 12:12 AM
It couldnt hurt.

kingkarter
01-24-2011, 01:08 AM
Ok i just took all the fake panlts and pvc caves out. I hope it was one of thoughs and not one of the othere fish

Crispy
01-24-2011, 02:55 AM
plecos frequently 'thrash' around, probably hitting a plant or ornament. if the pleco is fine otherwise, he should heal quickly.

kingkarter
01-24-2011, 04:10 AM
Ok. Your reply also answerd my next quetion i was going to ask thx