PDA

View Full Version : Featherfin Catfish feeding?

octoxpuss
01-23-2011, 09:40 PM
I know many of us have a featherfin catfish. Mine is a polka-dotted one I dont know the exact name. PETSMART fish... Anyway he is about 7 inches and yeah I dont know what to feed him, In the past he always ate cichlid pellets but I am feeding raw shrimp and fish but he will not touch it. What are some good foods he will scavenge for. He goes ofver the shrimp with his feelers but swims aways same with the fish. I have had him for about 1 year ish got him when he was 1 inch.

Red
01-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Some hikari sinking wafers would be fine.

smaug
01-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Sinking wafers,good quality shrimp pellets,hiakri carnivore pellets.Really any quality sinking pellet or wafer will do fine.What fish are you feeding raw shrimp too?That really isnt a very good diet and can foul a tank rather quickly.

octoxpuss
01-23-2011, 09:48 PM
I cut it up into bits and feed it to my severum and try my feather fin. My severum eats it out of my hand so I know he eats it but my featherfin comes out touches it and then goes into hiding again.

smaug
01-23-2011, 09:50 PM
My FF is a pellet hoovering machine.

octoxpuss
01-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Ok, I will have to go out and get some. Will the shrimp still fowl the water even if my severum eats it?

smaug
01-23-2011, 10:23 PM
Notif he eats all of it and you feed it sparingly just a few times a week.High protein oily foods produce lots of fish poo.

DrNic
02-02-2011, 03:15 AM
I have a couple of them in my 75G and NEVER even see them. They only come out in the pitch black of night. I sometimes hand feed them with food pellets but for the most part I just hope they scavenge enough since the other fish in the tank do a pretty good job of finding any sinking pellets I put in.

Gisela
02-07-2011, 04:04 PM
All my catfish go nuts over the Hikari Carnevore Pellets.