PDA

View Full Version : betta tank to small?

Low
01-22-2011, 01:39 AM
i went to mijers today after i went to the pet store and mijers had bettas
and they put all the femals in the same tank and males in cups and i noticed alotta the femals were very plump. the wife was right next to me and i said look babe the females r produceing eggs and she goes ooohhh cool can we get some pretty please. and i said sure why not and i told her to pic out a male and id pick out a female and she picked out this really colorful crown tail male.
and since were lack for space im planing on putten them in a 2g (heavly planted) with comba
i use to breed them in 10g but do you think the 2g will be ok for them for a few weeks?

Brhino
01-22-2011, 01:42 AM
No. Very bad idea! They'll kill each other for sure in a tank that small. I'm surprised you were able to keep a male and female together in even a 10 gallon... normally they're together only long enough for breeding to take place, then separated.

Low
01-22-2011, 01:50 AM
well yes thats what i meant sry ok for now till she lays her eggs after that i always remove the female. im hopen to have my 55g set up by the time that comes to move her to that or a 10g but im basicly asken for breeding purposes is it big enough i mean if not i will make a devider for it

Brhino
01-22-2011, 01:55 AM
if you're talking about a half hour or so for the actual breeding to take place, maybe... I'm not an expert at breeding bettas. If you're talking about leaving them together for days waiting for it to happen, no way.

Low
01-22-2011, 01:58 AM
ok i use to breed bettas and always used a ten gallon and never had probs with aggrsion or anything but i will montor them and once i notice theve bred ill remove her