PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Temple Plant

octoxpuss
01-21-2011, 08:32 PM
I recieved a shipment from liveaquaria on wednesday and I orderd Narrow, Temple Plant and I got it in bunch plants but the bunches did not last. When I received them they looked as if they were steamed in a pot like wilting spinach or collard greens. I put them in my aquarium but the leaves fell off and they look like twigs sticking out of the ground. So I sent them an email but no reply. :( WTH. Any advice.

Rue
01-21-2011, 08:37 PM
Sounds like they froze/thawed in transit...OR were kept too close to a heat source.

Send them another e-mail just stating that the plants were stressed and damaged during transport and didn't survive. Be matter-of-fact, but polite.

octoxpuss
01-21-2011, 08:39 PM
I did but still no reply. I just want the plant not credit to account though I wonder if they would send another shipment prob not though.

Lady Hobbs
01-21-2011, 09:17 PM
You simply can't mail plants very easily in weather without a heat pack. Most put plants in a plastic wrap and wrap again with newspaper but in sub-degree temps, that isn't enough.

Rue
01-21-2011, 09:19 PM
Give them some time to reply...it is the weekend coming up.

You should certainly hear back by Tuesday though...

octoxpuss
01-21-2011, 09:28 PM
They had these plants wrapped up like it took me almost 5 minutes to unwrap them. I will give them plenty of time jjust as long as it is before the 14 day garuntee.

Lady Hobbs
01-21-2011, 11:20 PM
I think I would ask for a credit to your account or a refund on your payment and not order any more until Spring. It's just too cold to be getting plants right now and probably fish, too.

octoxpuss
01-21-2011, 11:35 PM
I do not order fish online. Not my forte :D. That is true I did not think about that. Well, we will have to see if they can re credit me because I paid with debit.

EmmanuelJB
01-21-2011, 11:46 PM
I am VERY surprised that liveaquaria does not ship their plants in a Styrofoam box. I have ordered plants from them multiple times in cold weather and they never came with a Styrofoam box (Although I have never had a problem with their plants, and I have order temple/ narrow leaf from them and it is doing very well.)

I would recommend calling instead of emailing... At least you are talking directly to someone this way. Their customer service is crap though. They can never help you with 1 phone call. You call them and they say they will call you back and never do...

By the way I HIGHLY doubt they are going to ship you out new plants... They will give you a credit for the plants.

octoxpuss
01-21-2011, 11:48 PM
As Long as something is done. If worse comes to worse Iwill call but email seems to be a better strategy with me because I can get hot headed on the phone. You should call my local PETCO about my one ferret they just dealt with me. :D I am probably the most easily tempered person on the earth you do something I dont like YOu know it and that is why I like email. :D

Lady Hobbs
01-22-2011, 12:24 AM
Did you send a pic of the dead plant in your email? They will probably want a photo to show proof.

octoxpuss
01-22-2011, 12:37 AM
Yes. Yes I did.