PDA

View Full Version : I Got the Fish Bug Today

troy
07-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Today I went to a local petsmart. I saw cool hi-fin platys. So I decided to get a female so my other female wouldn't be harassed as much. Then I noticed the mollys had babies. My brother told me not to get anything and I ended up leaving with 4 free molly fry. The smart is very small and they take good care of their fish, even the feeder goldfish, that most look like they shouldn't be feeders.

Rue
07-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Congrats on your new fish!:19:

The high-finned platies didn't do anything for me...

...but I quite like the dwarves...

...and I'm fascinated by the balloon mollies...they're so ugly they're cute...

I was thinking of trying the dwarves and the balloons in the community tank...when I go to add new fish...

gm72
07-03-2007, 08:36 PM
I like the balloons, too. Cool body shape. I haven't had any luck with my mollies though, they always tend to die on me. No idea why.

Rue
07-03-2007, 08:50 PM
...I can't remember...did you try salt or not?

I had losses until I added salt to my tank again...then no more losses...

gm72
07-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Didn't do salt, maybe I need an all molly tank and add salt to it.

Oh, lord, you did it again. See how it happens? An innocent conversation, then the Rue-devil plants a seed of suggestion. Now I'll be in the planning phase of my 14th tank. This is total madness!

I can see it now:
Me: "Honey, Rue said we need to go SW because she's taking the plunge."
My wife: "Oh, hell no, who is this Rue chick?"
Me: "She's in the community."
My wife: "Oh, that pretty skinny blond down the street, huh? I'll show HER!"
Pretty skinny blond down the street to the police after the assault: "I don't know, officer, I was walking the dog and all of a sudden she attacked me, yelling something about her husband and fish. I think she's nuts."

Rue
07-03-2007, 09:46 PM
...*phew* You had me worried for a minute...but thankfully you put me in disguise...

...heh heh heh..."pretty blonde chick"...heh heh heh...:c4:

Part of the reason I wanted a SW tank, is so I could experience the entire range of fishkeeping (very small scale of course)...and learn as much as I could learn...

...tell your wife that she wouldn't want to interfere with your education and that the SW tank would benefit you in that regard...er, that and a bribe of a trip to the Caribbean for a romantic 2nd honeymoon...(but in reality, just to check out real reefs of course)...