PDA

View Full Version : Elliote's cichlid

skullduggery1
01-15-2011, 09:44 PM
I was thinking of adding six juvenile thorichthys ellioti to a 125 gallon.Care is the same for firemouths and the fish attain seven inches full size.There is 2 large flow external pumps on this tank.A aquaclear500 and a tetra whisperEX 70 .I was going to put a Hagen602 powerhead reverse flow connected to a rain bar for more rapid water movement.The other occupants would be an Amphilophus altifrons and a group of 20 ameca splendens.What other central american fish other than cichlids would be interesting to keep in this tank?Any interests would be apprieciated.Pictures are of what the Ellioti will look like.

fishluvr
01-16-2011, 01:04 AM
sorry i cant answer your question, and sorry to answer your question with one of my own, but as i just started to read up on cichlids and want to do a tank myself what are the ones you have in the pictures, they are beautiful! I WANT! lol

skullduggery1
01-16-2011, 01:24 AM
Elliots cichlids,they are related to firemouths.

Lab_Rat
01-16-2011, 01:38 AM
I'd be worried about aggression from the amphilophus towards the ellioti. Is the amphilophus a must have? You could do a pair of nicaraguense instead, they're quite mellow cichlids. Most CA are on the more aggressive side, would you consider SA as well?

skullduggery1
01-16-2011, 02:04 AM
thats what i thought but the powers that be in the cichlid world are reclassifing the species into Astroheros,because it has a differant mouth structure than the midas,devil,so on......