PDA

View Full Version : What am I going to do with this?

CassieLEO
01-15-2011, 01:32 AM
Ok... so I have a 55g tank, with a Rena PX3 and a "Plant and Aquarium" bulb from walmart. It is in a window that gets a little bit of light each day, but is pretty indirect. My tank peramiters are all ok. Nothing of nothing. PH 7.4 No ammonia, nitrates. Its been cycled for about 5 months. I use plant tabs in the substrate...
My problem is, everything is growing like crazy. There is no thought to the way they are growing, and everything is getting so big, I dont have the slightest clue as to what to do with everything. I have this ruffled plant that ive cut back about 3 times since getting it, and it grows like a weed. I looove the way it looks and how healthy it is, I just dont know what to do with it. I dont want to get rid of it. What can I do to make my tank look like it has more order to it? Should I add something? Im not sure what to do and am getting frusterated...
Heres some pictures-

smaug
01-15-2011, 01:40 AM
I think that looks cool.Very natural.Just trim and prune occasionaly.

korith
01-15-2011, 03:48 AM
I think it looks great. Many folks would like to be as fortunate as you are in their ability to grow and heck even keep plants alive in their aquariums. The fact that the plant is growing quickly is a good sign that conditions are just right nutrients, lights, etc... I would just keep trimming the plant back every few weeks or as often as you need. Also some plants grow quicker than others, you could always switch to slower growing plants.

Michael Milligan
01-15-2011, 08:06 AM
And then when you plants shoot out a million baby plants you can trade them on Craigslist or at the LFS for new fish!