PDA

View Full Version : 1 year 6 month old gold Gourami died ?

crushingmyself
07-03-2007, 06:17 AM
i had a gold grourami who i got when it was a baby 1 inch old he grew to be 4 inches half for a week now he has been going crazy hitting the glass even jumped out of the tank ontpo the floor luckly i found him 10 mins or so after he jumped out well he will be hitting the top of the tank and sides and then swim in little circles then come to and act normal he did this for a week then died during the last hit to the tank i tested my water and everything seemed fine he was always healthy and always ate i miss him alot and i dont know what caused him to do this and die i need to know what happened to him does anyone know what this could have been ? thank you for your time i hope someone can help me also he was just in the tank with 2 snails and 1 cory cat fish the cory and the snails are fine

cocoa_pleco
07-03-2007, 06:22 AM
what size tank? something may have been chasing or bugging him and making him want to jump out of the tank

crushingmyself
07-03-2007, 06:39 AM
the tank was a 20 gallon tall tank and he was always mean to other fish and the cory never bothered him it was just him and 2 snails

Lady Hobbs
07-03-2007, 12:22 PM
I read recently that fish that try to jump from the tank or go nuts in the tank are ususally in water they are trying to get out of. Are you do for water changes. Even clear water can be toxic and out of oxygen.