PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Snakehead

Dahalls
01-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Hi everybody and can anybody help me?????

I bought a dwarf snakehead around 4 weeks ago from a reputable aquatic buy/sell site but have been having trouble with it since! All the time i have had him he hasnt eaten or eaten very little (mouthful of bloodworm) and seems very lethargic, he stays in an army tank hiding place for days on end and when he does come out he lies flat on the gravel ( not curled up in the arc as normal for snakeheads. Im afraid he is juat wasting away until he dies so am trying to find reasons why this could be happening? ill put some details in about the tank and conditions and will try and get a pic of him to upload so people can have a look and advise.

the tank is 4ft x 18d x 24 h with several plants around the sides and rear, and also 2 or 3 hiding places for him. Other tank mates include 5 tiger barbs, a clown loach a red tailed black shar,a silver shark and a common pleco.
my water test this morning reads as ph-6.0 amonia-0.50 nitrite-0 nitrate-10. water temp is 76 degrees help me please.

KatzeSlaugen
01-10-2011, 02:34 PM
ALL those fish you have him with will become food, or die by his fins..
the best advice i can give is return him to the store you got him from or set a tank up especially for him. if i had to guess ide say your tank is already overstocked, judging by the ammonia, and that is stressing him out.