PDA

View Full Version : re google

rollie
04-28-2006, 11:12 AM
Up till yesterday ,when i went on google and pressed in my website address, it would come up, no website by that name found. but if you believe there is one by this name, then press here. so i do that and then i get to my website. BUT NOW, i go on ,press in my website name and it come up,it found me. and it have a small write up about my website. i press there and i am in my website. this is now happening with aleast 7 others screach engines. what does this mean? does this mean my website ,been pick up by google ? PS it saved to favorites.

William
04-28-2006, 11:50 AM
Yes, It means that google has indexed your webpage. It has added 14 pages of your website to its index.

I also noticed that you have the same age title and meta text on all pages and that you might want to vary it.

rollie
04-28-2006, 11:57 AM
what do you mean by same age title and meta text on all pages? when it come to computer, i am stupid.

William
04-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Ok than we forget about meta text and just look at Page title.

Look at the very top of the screen in the left corner you willse the text "re google". If you surf around this site you'll find that this text changes depending on which page yur on. You are using the same such text on all pages.

Yoyuäll find it between the

<title> and </title>
in your html/page files.

rollie
04-28-2006, 12:13 PM
thank, now it will only take me the week or so to figure out what you told me. i still learning!!

William
04-28-2006, 12:21 PM
ok. lets try again.

Can you se the code for the website anywhere? how did you build the website?

rollie
04-28-2006, 12:38 PM
what code? i went to freewebs, and i build it . using what they had , for me to use. in case you have not alreadly figure it out, i got no idea of what i doing. i try things,sometimes it work.,sometimes it do not. but thank for the help!

jnmrcs
04-28-2006, 05:05 PM
In anyway maybe there are something that said "Title" or "Page Title". I think William is refering to it.

Just in case you wanted to change it.

William
04-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Ok than forget it. Its not that important.

Not familiar with free web so I don't know how to do it there,