PDA

View Full Version : Crayfish decorator~

CassieLEO
01-07-2011, 11:42 PM
My crayfish has been making his house under three peices of small driftwood. I have large gravel under my sand and plated aquarium substrate, and he has dug up all of the rocks and gravel and tossed them into a HUGE pile. It is easily about 6 inches high!! He will pick up whatever gets in his way and plop it in his pile. I saw him pick up one of my myserty snails and plop him in the pile too. Then I noticed he is making another pile behine it. Its a losing battle with trying to fix it so I let him do his thing. I just think it is amazing how this little guy works so hard!!! You can see the pile on the left side of the picture. The pile is waaaay bigger now!!!

Cyberra
01-08-2011, 01:35 AM
That's one determined little crayfish

rawr_gar
01-08-2011, 02:27 AM
Haha that's kind of hilarious. I love seeing all the little personality quirks aquatic critters have to offer. What species is he?

CassieLEO
01-08-2011, 05:43 PM
The tank just called him a common crayfish. He is a replacement for my last crayfish that was a escape artist. I learned that EVERY tiny hole needs to be covered after him!! Ugh...
He is funny though. Quite the character!!!

skullduggery1
01-08-2011, 05:52 PM
I like crayfish,had some different types during the years.All are neat,most will eat your fish.Or your big fish eat them.Two interesting species,marble crayfish;all are female and do not need males to procreate.this was a experiment from colleges.the mexican dwarf orange crayfish is another interesting species,can be kept with medium size fish with barely,if not any deaths.