PDA

View Full Version : Hopeless Betta Lover

Cyberra
01-04-2011, 02:16 AM
I have proven myself a totally hopeless betta person...

Went into the pet store today to pick up a new bottle of water conditioner for my smaller tanks, and to look at the kittens. Me being me, I wandered down to the fish section. They're between shipments, so there are no male bettas till the end of the week, and I thought I'd be safe.

Not so.

I was looking at the corys when I got too close to the female betta tank. Most of the half-dozen or so females in the tank hid. Then one came right up to the glass, stared right at me, and started dancing. You know that dance... it's the one that begs "take me home with you *lost puppy fisheyes*"

This female betta now bears the name Dark Lady, and her tank is sharing shelf space with Firetail's. I don't think he's noticed yet; he keeps trying to attack his own reflection in the back corner. Lady is wild-color, brown with dark specks along her sides and back, and her fins flash iridescent purple. She's not quite an inch long, so she's a fairly young female. She also does a very good leaf impression; half the time I can't see her till she leaves the plant.

Cyberra
01-04-2011, 03:23 AM
Fuzzy pictures of my Lady...
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Picture1355.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Picture1344.jpg
This one is very fuzzy, but it shows the flash of color from her fins

mikeDUDS
01-04-2011, 09:56 PM
If this is the betta you posted about in the other thread from the pics I'm fairly certain she is a veiltail. If you are still uncertain, try an image search using google. Regardless, she is a very pretty betta. Best of luck if/when you start to breed :D:D:D

Cheers!

Duds

Rue
01-05-2011, 04:58 PM
I had females in the community tank for a while...loved them.

Cyberra
01-06-2011, 03:31 AM
XD Dark Lady doesn't poof often... but she seems to like sticking her dorsal straight up while keeping her other fins flat. She looks like an itty-bitty round-tailed shark