PDA

View Full Version : thanks for 411 on red belly pacu's

mississippirbust
07-02-2007, 01:10 AM
thanks, my little friend is makeing his way back to wal-mart soon. I think that I am going to get a bigger tank and try to set up a tank for some kind of loner fish with a personality. I am pondering a tank somewhere between 20-40 gallons. Can a fish have a personality or is that only it MR. Roger's makebelieve world. any suggestions are much apperciated. thanks again:c3:

Rue
07-02-2007, 01:15 AM
Fish can have LOTS of personality...it's really quite remarkable!

In my opinion, the non-schooling fish show personality much more obviously than the schooling fish.

One of the best fish for small tanks are bettas. You can house bettas with other fish in an appropriately-sized tank as well. For example, a 10g will house 1 betta and 3 small-breed cory catfish comfortably. Add plants to the tank. Both species do very well in planted tanks.

troy
07-02-2007, 01:43 AM
Most large cichlids have a personality and it depends on small fish. As Rue stated, schooling fish don't have much of a personality.

genitor
07-02-2007, 03:08 AM
Get a 55 gal. and an oscar. Lots of personality.

Drumachine09
07-02-2007, 03:17 AM
Get a 55 gal. and an oscar. Lots of personality.

Good point. I have heard people refer to oscars as "dog fish" because they become attatched to you, much like a dog. They are also INCREDIBLY intelligent. Makes me want one....lol

Dont for get the one-two-punch combination of a LARGE HOB and a large cannister filtration wise.

cocoa_pleco
07-02-2007, 03:48 AM
oscars are a pack of personality. my old ones used to run to me when i passed their tanks