PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tale Frost Tank

Cyberra
01-03-2011, 02:28 AM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Picture1305.jpg

This is the best picture I have of the "fairy tale" aquascape in Minutes to Midnight's tank... and, astonishingly enough, the finned camera-phobe himself consented to be in this picture. He glided up to the pewter unicorn, circled it a couple of times, and then ignored it. Silly fish.

Taken just after a water change, as you can see from the full load of bubbles. My camera sucks at taking photos in the dark, and it doesn't do well with colored light; it's pretty much the most basic Sony Cybershot you can buy. If the pic is a little fuzzy, it's the camera.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/Primus001/Picture1305-copy.jpg
This is how it looks with the light levels adjusted back to normal.

mermaidwannabe
01-03-2011, 05:06 AM
Love it! Just love the soft and shadowy quality it has, then the glowing colors. You and I both love colorful and imaginative aquascapes.

-- mermaidwannabe

Cyberra
01-03-2011, 05:19 AM
^_^ I absolutely love the way it turned out. And thanks a million for suggesting the unicorn

rich311k
01-03-2011, 11:37 AM
It is a pretty cool shot. Nicely done.

gadget228
01-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Definitely different, I like it... thumbs2:

Mith
05-26-2011, 02:23 AM
What were your basic camera settings? I like how the bubbles are pretty sharp which indicates a high shutter settings, but you still have adequate lighting in the tank.

Nicely done!

Cyberra
05-26-2011, 02:35 AM
I keep the camera in Program Auto mode; otherwise the pics are all blurry and too dark. It's a very basic Sony Cybershot, the most basic one you can get. No fancy lenses or settings. I don't even know how to mess with the settings, and I don't dare for fear of being unable to undo something. The darn thing just seems to focus on bubbles/scratches/etc more than it does on anything else. Taking pictures at the wildlife park, I've gotten some pics of very clear and detailed chain-link fences with fuzzy blurs behind them ><

Mith
05-28-2011, 04:53 AM
I keep the camera in Program Auto mode; otherwise the pics are all blurry and too dark. It's a very basic Sony Cybershot, the most basic one you can get. No fancy lenses or settings. I don't even know how to mess with the settings, and I don't dare for fear of being unable to undo something. The darn thing just seems to focus on bubbles/scratches/etc more than it does on anything else. Taking pictures at the wildlife park, I've gotten some pics of very clear and detailed chain-link fences with fuzzy blurs behind them ><

Hey, the pictures are nice, but don't be afraid to "play" with what ever setting you have on the camera. If you "screw it up", you can ALWAYS take it back to where ever you bought it and have the employee reset it to "normal".

Playing with your camera will produce much better photos to suit your needs. Ya have to just play around to find the proper settings. I have a Canon Rebel which is considered and "entry" level camera... (I paid about $800 for it).... and when I got it, I basically knew NOTHING about cameras and their settings.

What I did was, fool around with it... took some excellent photos as well as a million crappy photos! But bad photos don't cost you because digital camera only cost the money spend on charging them (unlike photo film).

So bottom line, don't be hesitant to experiment.... this is going to be the only way to get better photos! thumbs2:

oscarkid36
12-10-2011, 05:10 AM
totaly awesome pics:19: