PDA

View Full Version : Easiest foreground grass plant?

Braccus
01-02-2011, 05:41 AM
Eleocharis Parvula, Lilaeopsis Mauritiana, Sagittaria Sublata, or Echinodorus Tenellus?

By easy I'm talking about 108W T5 and rootmedic complete plus tabs on/in a 55g.

I've decided on going with an African theme (Congo/Ziare) tank. The plants I am looking at are vallisneria, different anubias, a tiger lotus - fairly easy to grow plants. Assorted with some river rocks and mopani wood.

I lean toward the 1st two because from researching I've read they are found in the area but then again I want something that will grow without much hassle.

Braccus
01-04-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm shocked! Normally cannot keep you guys quiet :shhh:

rokx
01-11-2011, 01:03 PM
You'll probably do fine with any of them, but go with the ones you can get locally easily. And the lilaeopsis is native African. You can get a few of each and try them in your tank, there's usually so many variables to factor in that trying them out is the best way.
But do yourself a favour and get a fine-grained substrate, particularly if you have fish that like to dig around, otherwise you'll drive youself crazy replanting floaters every day. Besides the grasses settle in and grow way better in fine substrate.

aldennbell
04-08-2011, 09:55 PM
These are some common ornamental plants can be used as foreground plants aquarium. These aquarium plants short, slow growth. Therefore, it is best to put them in front of the tank. In addition, they are not difficult to maintain. You can select these plants to enhance your aquarium decoration. Choose a good plant for your aquarium is very different, so your aquarium decoration.

SunSchein89
04-08-2011, 09:59 PM
I like some of the smaller crypt and anubias species as foreground plants. If you're looking for a true carpet, then yes you will be better off with some high lighting and fine substrate. But for what it does and the amount of extra work I have to do (none), I like my way better :ssmile: .