PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on marina cubus Berta tank?

AquaticLove
01-02-2011, 12:54 AM
I really love the look of it and it is bigger than my current marina kit. Would I be able to put a live plans in it and is the size okay? Also what heater should j use with it?

Cyberra
01-02-2011, 03:42 AM
Which particular Marina tank/kit are you referring to?

AquaticLove
01-02-2011, 05:50 AM
It is called a Marina Cubus? It's an all glass one.

Cyberra
01-02-2011, 06:02 AM
*looks it up* I would expect that you'd be able to keep a couple of live plants in it... Dunno about a heater, though. My Marina betta kit is only 0.8-gal *shrugs*

AquaticLove
01-02-2011, 06:49 AM
Oh ok. Do you have a heater in yours? I have heard varied arguments on whether a heater is needed for a betta. I personally have never kept them with a heater and all have done fine.

Cyberra
01-02-2011, 07:00 AM
None of my four tanks has a heater. I tried a heater in the largest, and something went wrong, costing my beloved red betta Supernova his life. I personally am leery of heaters, especially in smaller tanks. All four of mine, Shimmer, Minutes to Midnight, Firetail, and Nicky are doing just fine without a heater. But it's still up to you.

AquaticLove
01-02-2011, 07:47 AM
I have never had a problem without them, so I will just stay away from them. I do not want that to happen to Ryu, I'm so sorry that it happened to Supernova. :(
I doubt a filter would be very useful so just water changes as usual then? I'm guessing the plants would help with oxygen and such. (I have never planted a tank so kinda a noob at that) Also any plants come to mind that would be useful in a betta tank?
Thanks so much for your input, I believe I will go purchase Ryu a new home on payday and make it nice for him. :)

Cyberra
01-02-2011, 07:56 AM
All my tanks have plastic plants; the biggest one I have is only 3 gallons and it's taller than it is wide. So I really don't know. Water change I would expect to be as usual; mine get changed once a week, and the bettas tell me off for days afterward.

AquaticLove
01-02-2011, 07:59 AM
Okay, maybe I will just stick with plastic ones. I just thought of tank cleaning and having to work around the plants. XD I'm sure Ryu won't mind either way. Thanks for your help. :) I appreciate it.

Cyberra
01-02-2011, 08:04 AM
^_^ Glad I could help. And none of mine seem to mind... Shimmer blends right in with the yellow-orange plastic plant in his tank, and he likes to hide in it just so he can pop out and startle me

AquaticLove
01-04-2011, 06:15 AM
I picked it up and Ryu loves it! He is alot more active and interactive than he was before. I also like it better. :P
Thanks for your help. :)

Plus Ryu looks even more stunning than before since the glass provides more clarity and the light is better. thumbs2:

Cyberra
01-04-2011, 06:16 AM
Ryu... Dragon ^^

You're welcome ^_^