PDA

View Full Version : Ok every one Im stumped

flydustydawg
12-29-2010, 09:33 PM
For the life of me I can not upload pics to my album. It says they uploaded but then they are not there. I also can not figure out how to resize the pics on my MAC

I have posted on here about this before, so sorry to bug every one. If any one has a MAC that post pics to their album can they give me a step by step guide on how to do it. Lol you would think I was 90 years old by a post like this. I am usually pretty good at figuring stuff like this out.

Trillianne
12-29-2010, 10:11 PM
Ok to resize you want to use an image program on your mac. chances are if you have a newer mac it came with a program called Preview. You can resize the images with that.

To add to your photo gallery here use the link at left that says "Photo Gallery"

On the second horizontal bar on the right side will be a text linkt hat says Upload Photos.

There will be a large section to input names etc and the file. With a submit button.

After you press that button you are taken to a page saying it uploaded successfully... WAIT and the page will change to a final review/edit type page.

That page will have a button labeled "Process" which once you click it will upload the image for you.

Its one of those cases where it really is better just to wait for it to finish than it is to click the link saying you don't want to wait.

Scrup
12-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Can't help ya with the MAC, but if they are too large it just doesn't upload them. Wont tell you anything, just doesn't do it. I usually go with 1024x768. once or twice I have had to drop it below that, but for the most part its worked just fine.

mermaidwannabe
12-29-2010, 10:42 PM
Don't feel bad. I'm technologically challenged, too, and I'm nowhere near 90 years old! :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

-- mermaidwannabe

flydustydawg
12-29-2010, 10:52 PM
lol yea im only 21 so im afraid how bad it will get in the future. It looks like I have preview but for some reason it won open. I restarted the MAC and still nothing. Maybe Im just cursed not to share my crapy pictures with you lol.

Ill have to see if I can find an update, or a free program that will resize them.

Trillianne
12-30-2010, 12:18 AM
Its not broken! It just works differently than you are used to.

Click on it so that you get the small dot below it on the task bar. At the top you have a menu, the first is the Apple menu and next to that it should say "Preview" if you've just clicked on Preview.

Go to "File" Menu next to Preview and select Open. And find where you put your picture.

ALTERNATIVELY:

Use Finder to find the picture you want to open and double click on it. Preview is most likely to be the default picture viewer.

(when you get your picture open the resizing is under "Tools" and then "Adjust Size")

Lady Hobbs
12-30-2010, 12:26 AM
You upload all your photos first. You will then see all the photos you wish to to upload and there you can add the tags or move the photos into albums you have created. But then you hit PROCESS which sends the photos to the gallery. It's a two stage process.

LethalResistanz
12-30-2010, 05:02 AM
MAC

There's your problem. (sorry had to throw it out) :hmm3grin2orange:

Trillianne
12-30-2010, 04:38 PM
There's your problem. (sorry had to throw it out) :hmm3grin2orange:

No... you didn't.

Honestly people should just use what they like, and what they know. Both platforms have pros and cons.

openbook
12-31-2010, 05:16 PM
If you have no photo editing software you can go to the apple website and download a free demo. I used one called re size it and it worked easy.

flydustydawg
12-31-2010, 06:19 PM
Still no luck at all tried everything cant be done. I downloaded multiple different programs. I resized them. Sometimes after I hit upload it just sits there for ever saying processing (hours at a time). Other times it will say your pictures have been uploaded successfully and then there will be no photos.

LethalResistanz
12-31-2010, 11:54 PM
No... you didn't.

Honestly people should just use what they like, and what they know. Both platforms have pros and cons.

Lighten up. But thats understandable coming from a person who believes there are only 2 "platforms." Couldn't imagine only using the 2 terrible operating systems my whole life.

Lest I forget this is not a computer forum...

Trillianne
01-01-2011, 09:26 AM
@flydustydawg:
I'm not sure why its giving you fits... what browser are you using to upload the photos? Do you have any browser addons/plugins that could be interfering with the ability to upload photos? what size are they when you are attempting to upload them? and what file formats (jpg, gif, etc) are you attempting to use? Have you attempted to upload these pictures elsewhere and been successful?

@Lethal:
Change "both" with "All" if it makes you happier, the statement is still true. Diversity combined with understanding is an amazing thing. I hope you get to experience it someday.

flydustydawg
01-13-2011, 09:57 PM
I got it to work. I still can not upload strait form my MAC to the site. The way Im doing it is uploading them to photo bucket then to the site. I can also resize them on photo bucket and then put them back on my MAC

Kind of a hassle but at least it works. Thanks for the help!