PDA

View Full Version : Some of my latest aquascapes

mermaidwannabe
12-29-2010, 05:12 AM
Here are some newer pics of my later and latest aquascapes. Below, my two little Dojos, one peering out through the hole in the log ornament, the other laying in front of it.

Following that, two faux jellyfish with glo-fish and barb, Dojo in lower left corner.

Some other colorful aquascapes.

Enjoy, and please tell me what you think. Thanks -- mermaidwannabe

MCHRKiller
12-29-2010, 05:20 AM
Full tank shot?

Cyberra
12-29-2010, 06:19 AM
*bug eyes* Oh wow. That's cool!

Though looking at those fake jellies makes me wonder if anybody actually keeps real jellies. Though I'd expect you'd need a big and very specialized tank for that

mermaidwannabe
12-29-2010, 06:56 AM
Actually, some folks do keep real jellies, but it is very challenging and one does need a special and unique set-up to accomodate them. It can be done. And of course, with the real ones, any fish near enough to the tentacles becomes dinner. Obviously, mine have no worries.

Below are some full tank shots of my various scapes ... Enjoy...

-- mermaid

mermaidwannabe
12-30-2010, 01:42 AM
As requested, here are some full-tank shots of my most recent aquascapes (November and December, 2010), and another couple of close-ups. Enjoy ...

-- mermaid

Cyberra
12-30-2010, 02:15 AM
That is a really beautiful aquascape ^_^

I figured jellies would need a special setup... they're more delicate than a fish. I wouldn't keep any for the same reason I don't want piranhas... I would not want to keep anything I'd have to feed other fish to. I get too attached to them.

mermaidwannabe
12-30-2010, 02:52 AM
Thanks, Cy.

I really enjoy scaping and rescaping my tank for all kinds of different looks. When I get it the way I want it at any one time, I then take oodles and oodles of pics, and post the ones I like best. Hubbs says I'll soon need a room added on to the house just to hold all my photos! :hmm3grin2orange:

-- mermaidwannabe

Cyberra
12-30-2010, 02:54 AM
XD; I have a TON of digital pics of my fish and tanks, but mine are all small. I particularly love taking pictures of the underlighting effect in the 3-gallon after a water change. You can see it in my photo thread " "Frosted" Tank ".

MCHRKiller
12-30-2010, 08:21 AM
I must say I do prefer the more natural December look, very nice. I do however hope you have plans for those Rosy barbs as they are going to easily hit 4-5", they will be requiring atleast a 55G tank for swimming requirements. :11:

gadget228
12-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Very nice looking tanks, lots of color... thumbs2:

Aelric20
12-30-2010, 12:11 PM
*bug eyes* Oh wow. That's cool!

Though looking at those fake jellies makes me wonder if anybody actually keeps real jellies. Though I'd expect you'd need a big and very specialized tank for that

You do, my friend did his senior project on it. He works at an aquarium cleaning shark tanks. Best summer job ever if you ask me. But I digress, to breed them it takes a tank the size of a dough boy with constantly circulating water. Little challenging to do at home lol thumbs2:

Cyberra
12-31-2010, 01:57 AM
You do, my friend did his senior project on it. He works at an aquarium cleaning shark tanks. Best summer job ever if you ask me. But I digress, to breed them it takes a tank the size of a dough boy with constantly circulating water. Little challenging to do at home lol thumbs2:

You can always find someone who likes a challenge ^^ Not me; I'm the type who runs away if I see a jellyfish at the beach. Even the common purple ones have a mean sting *speaks from experience*

mermaidwannabe
12-31-2010, 02:07 AM
If you love living dangerously, there's always the deadly box jellies found off the Australian coast -- both the large ones and the tiny ones that are nearly impossible to see because they're so clear. Talk about a mean sting -- those you don't mess with, if you're smart.

Then, there's the Portuguese Man O' War with tenticles several tens of feet long.

Seriously, there are some harmless jellies, a few that are freshwater. Just keeping them alive is the real challenge, as they are so fragile.

-- mermaidwannabe

Cyberra
12-31-2010, 02:40 AM
I'm a jelly-phobe ^^;