PDA

View Full Version : CO2 Question ... and a little tease

geowashlaw
12-22-2010, 03:12 AM
I built a Rex Grigg style reactor for my CO2 and have my regulator open full-bore. My drop checker still reads blue all the time. I run it with the timer and it only comes on when the lights are one. Is there something else I can do to raise the CO2 levels or get better dissolving into the water?

The tease ... I just ordered all new plants for my 120g planted aquarium and will be rebuilding it this week ... look for before and after shots later!

geowashlaw
12-23-2010, 03:51 AM
So here is the planting plan. The red objects are rocks. I'll try to post the before pictures soon. My lights are already out for tonight. Suggestions/Comments always welcome!

Plant Man
12-23-2010, 11:50 PM
I built a Rex Grigg style reactor for my CO2 and have my regulator open full-bore. My drop checker still reads blue all the time. I run it with the timer and it only comes on when the lights are one. Is there something else I can do to raise the CO2 levels or get better dissolving into the water?

The tease ... I just ordered all new plants for my 120g planted aquarium and will be rebuilding it this week ... look for before and after shots later!

Can we see some pictures of your tank? Top/front view. Pictures of filter and filter exhaust. Co2 and reactor.

geowashlaw
12-24-2010, 02:44 AM
So here are some pictures of the tank and a sketch of the CO2 reactor. It is different than Rex's because I couldn't find all his parts, so I just made it a circle. Amazingly, since I posted this originally, it has turned green the last two days. I'm wondering if it wasn't a stupid mistake like checking it too early after I turned it on.

Plant Man
12-24-2010, 10:22 PM
[QUOTE=geowashlaw]So here are some pictures of the tank and a sketch of the CO2 reactor. It is different than Rex's because I couldn't find all his parts, so I just made it a circle. Amazingly, since I posted this originally, it has turned green the last two days. I'm wondering if it wasn't a stupid mistake like checking it too early after I turned it on.

The water flows down right?

I actually quit like your design it slows the water flow down by half of a regular single 2 inch pipe. Excellent.

geowashlaw
12-26-2010, 02:19 AM
The water flows down right?

Yes. I have it sitting at an angle with input end higher than the output end so that the CO2 naturally is floating back toward the in flow.