PDA

View Full Version : i got baby angels!!

rollie
06-30-2007, 01:15 PM
i looked in ones of my tanks, this morning, and i see baby angels.
i do not expect to be able to save them, because there alot of other fish in that tank to. they are not free swimming yet.

but i now know that i got a mated pair of angels fish. so now i got to set a tank up in the back room for them. because next time they spawn, i should be able to save them. the tank they are in, is in the pet shop part of my house.
when the young angels fish is 75 days old, they are big enough to sell.

these two angel fish was for sale. but now i will not be selling this pair of angel fish.lol

Lady Hobbs
06-30-2007, 01:19 PM
I'm surprised you didn't realize you'd be having young'ens because angels get so territorial and fiesty especially when they've laid eggs. They chase everything else in the tank. Nice going Rollie.

rollie
06-30-2007, 01:30 PM
this pair of angel is only very young. there would be about 8 to 9 months old.
so i was very luckly to get live young from them.usually the first spawn or so they are not sure of what to do.

plus the last day or so i been on this site, and building a green house on the south side of my house. i think that why i did not know they had lay eggs.

Lady Hobbs
06-30-2007, 01:35 PM
The angels I got in Dec have picked their mate and one pair has already spawned. Not many eggs and those they laid were eaten by the male but they'll figure it out.

I am keeping them all in their own tanks. If they breed, they can care for their own or Mother Nature can care for them. I don't want tons of angels and have 4 pair and I don't want to keep moving them about.

I hope your little guys make it for you. Would love to see some pictures.

troy
06-30-2007, 03:56 PM
congratulation on the angel fry Rollie.

Drumachine09
06-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Mating fish must be a big plus when you are in a pet shop business. Congrats rollie!

rollie
06-30-2007, 05:28 PM
if my fish have babys, that mean i do not have to buy them and ship them in from quebec. and the shipping cost alot. all of my fish come from a company in quebec. plus it only a 2 hours trip one way to the airport from my place.lol