PDA

View Full Version : I thought CS liked algae pellets?

Lady Hobbs
12-20-2010, 02:21 PM
My cherry shrimp won't touch them. I leave them in the tank until they are practically growing hair and not one shrimp attempts to eat them.

Hikari First Bites are fed a couple times a day because I have 12 "mystery" fry in the tank with the shrimp. (Glowlight tetra, I think.) Perhaps the shrimp are getting enough to eat and why they are not eating the pellets?

I have a couple dozen baby shrimp now, too.

gadget228
12-20-2010, 08:43 PM
Wow, you already have shrimp fry, Congrats that didn't take long, busy little fella's... :shappy:

SunSchein89
12-20-2010, 11:56 PM
Mine don't appear to like them too much either, they seem to prefer to forage around the tank. Every now and then one of them will hop on a piece and chow down for a bit, but then they'll just move on and keep rooting through the gravel.

It's weird because my otos seem to do the same thing in the tank. I'm convinced the snails are eating the majority of the bits of algae wafer I put in there. I buy good quality NLS algae wafers and I feed the snails with it :smad:... at least my cories and pleco in my other tank get to benefit from it.

Lady Hobbs
12-24-2010, 10:54 AM
Dropped a pellet in the tank about an hour ago and just looked in and a bunch of baby snails were munching on it. Guess the older ones are too dumb or getting enough other food to eat.

gadget.......I have about 15 newbies to the tank that I can count. Could be more since they're so hard to see.