PDA

View Full Version : Strange betta

Pleco380
12-16-2010, 05:18 AM
The last few days my blue VT betta sleeps weird. He sleeps on his side or with his tail facing up and his head in a plant. When I get a closer, he perks up and acts normal again. Is this just a sudden personality change or is there something wrong? He looks dead when that happens. Bettas live 2-3 years correct? If so, he is about 2 years old. The other betta just sleeps in the corner like normal.

Pleco380
12-16-2010, 11:18 PM
I think he's probably fine but wanted to make sure. He didn't used to do this.

~Col~
12-16-2010, 11:49 PM
I've been told that bettas like so sleep/rest like that. My friends betta was always resting face down/tail up in the hair grass but was full of energy any other time.

Cyberra
12-18-2010, 04:17 AM
My nutball betta, Shimmer, has been spotted sleeping in his plants, head-down and tail-up. I've tried getting pictures, but the little bugger can sense the camera even in his sleep and bolts before I even get the thing turned on. Firetail wedges himself into the darker plant in his tank, or lays on the rocks, and Mid always looks like he's wrapping his ventral fins around a plant when he sleeps

Maisy
12-18-2010, 04:28 AM
My betta does that as well. It seems like he's just resting, because when I go up to the glass, he comes right back up and swims toward me. :ssmile:

(My sister actually was wondering if he was dead a couple of hours earlier :P)

flydustydawg
12-18-2010, 05:47 AM
Yea the bettas I have had in the past also used to do things like this. I thought the first one was sick but he lived for a long time after I first spotted this behavior.

Pleco380
12-19-2010, 02:33 AM
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately I think he might pass away soon. He has a few red blotches and possibly minor fungus. I'm gonna do a WC tomorrow and then start treating with bettafix.