PDA

View Full Version : Are Dojos safe amid floating plants?

mermaidwannabe
12-08-2010, 12:38 AM
I posted about the so-called "hornwort" the guy at my one LFS sold me that actually turned out to be elodea (anacharis) instead. I still put it in my tank, as it's useful and not bad looking.

Yesterday, I went to my other LFS and got some real hornwort, and some java moss. I love the feathery quality both have, and they blend nicely with the anacharis.

The fish are finding some good salad greens from some of it, and I am hoping it will gobble up some of those nitrates in my tank.

I love the rich green of the java moss in with the lighter green of the hornwort and the medium green of the elodea.

Dojos don't quite know what to make of it all -- they love to shoot up toward the surface, but find themselves enveloped in a maze of feathery fronds. I have been watching carefully to see that they don't get tangled up in the plants to the point where they can't work themselves loose.

Anyone else with Dojos and floating plants? How do yours manage to navigate among them? Are they safe for Dojos, both to eat and play in?

-- mermaidwannabe

--

Scrup
12-08-2010, 01:14 AM
Dojo's can get stuck in hard decors, but plants should not pose a problem for them.

rich311k
12-08-2010, 01:19 AM
The dojos will be just fine with the plants.

Rue
12-08-2010, 03:06 PM
I think you may find them 'resting' on the plants...lol...mine are finding the oddest places to snooze on...