PDA

View Full Version : vacation

Pele
12-06-2010, 04:24 AM
So! My titular bette, pele, is I'm pretty sure, close to death. He's lethargic, his beathing is labored, and he quickly sinks to the bottom of the tank where he spends most of his time now. As you could guess, I'm not hapy about that. I'm also going on a month long vacation in a week.
Now, I'd like to be there when Pele kicks the bowl. The person who usualy takes care of pets in m neighborhood isn't very good with fish, and srta killed my last one :sconfused: . Is there anything i could do to perhaps prolong his life, or make sure that he's ok while
i'm gone? Would it infact be possible to take him with me in a 2 gallon critter keeper with a heater ((Its a 10 hour rive to where I'm going)

FinalJenemba
12-06-2010, 07:11 AM
I tend to feel the same way about fish that I feel about other pets. If he's that old/sick that he cant really swim around and enjoy life anymore, it might be better to euthanize than to let him die. Obviously its your pet and your decision, but it would have to be more humane than letting a stranger kill him with neglect or the stress from a 10 hour drive.

Scrup
12-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Yeah, the drive might not end well. Plus imagine if you were on the road and accidentally spilled it!

If its the fish's time, not much you can do about it. How old is he?

CrazedMichael
12-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Taking him on a 10hr trip must be just the thing to send him over the edge and into the fishy heavens.

I'd either treat him as normal at home via a carer and hope for a happy return or end his suffering before you go

Pele
12-07-2010, 01:11 AM
Idunno how old he is, i got him as an adoption from a garage sale. He's always been pretty healthy untill now