PDA

View Full Version : Claus in his new Home :)

mikeDUDS
12-03-2010, 11:52 PM
This is my new friend Claus. He is a half moon and currently housed in the biorb I posted about earlier. There was a tube in the middle which I removed to provide more swimming space. I removed the airstone and added a bubble mist diffuser to decrease surface water movement. Although it is not on in the pic. I covered it with java moss in hopes of forming a sort of putting green in the middle. I also added stones as well as java ferns. The heater is in the back covered with moss. Hope you all enjoy my tank!

Duds

p.s

This is my first time uploading pics. hope it looks ok XD

Edit
p.p.s
water if off color because of a product I added that is supposed to help bettas acclimate to new tanks.

vegas2k
12-04-2010, 12:08 AM
I like your aquascape!

Cyberra
12-04-2010, 07:16 AM
^_^ A very pretty halfmoon.

Both of my bettas are lyretails, and I'm currently on the hunt for a crowntail.

vegas2k
12-04-2010, 07:31 AM
did you name him after the fish in Family Guy?(although his name is Klaus hehe)

Sarkazmo
12-04-2010, 07:42 AM
did you name him after the fish in Family Guy?(although his name is Klaus hehe)

That's the fish from American Dad though Seth MacFarlane did create both series and most of the characters.

Is that a sponge or UG filter? You should use the lift tube or you won't get much if any water pulled through the filter media.

He looks good, what additive did you use?

Sark

mikeDUDS
12-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Its the under gravel filter that is built into the biorb. I see what your saying about the lift tube. I didn't realize how important it was. Kind of a stupid move looking back actually :sconfused:

I used Betta Zing purchased from bettatalk.com which came with some other meds.

I didn't really have anything in particular in mind when naming him. It just seemed like a fun name :D

And I used to keep crowntails Cyberra. They are beautiful!

Duds

vegas2k
12-04-2010, 08:02 PM
er yeah I meant American dad =p

Maisy
12-04-2010, 08:40 PM
He's gorgeous! ^^

Cyberra
12-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Its the under gravel filter that is built into the biorb. I see what your saying about the lift tube. I didn't realize how important it was. Kind of a stupid move looking back actually :sconfused:

I used Betta Zing purchased from bettatalk.com which came with some other meds.

I didn't really have anything in particular in mind when naming him. It just seemed like a fun name :D

And I used to keep crowntails Cyberra. They are beautiful!

Duds

I've seen crowntails only in pictures, but I would give my left kidney to have one. Unfortunately, I live on an island in the butt-end of nowhere, and there is only one pet store that I know of. Its stock depends utterly on what the breeder decides to sell them, and it's been at least 4 months since they last had a crowntail in. I'm looking into getting one from Halifax.

Sarkazmo
12-05-2010, 01:55 PM
I've seen crowntails only in pictures, but I would give my left kidney to have one. Unfortunately, I live on an island in the butt-end of nowhere, and there is only one pet store that I know of. Its stock depends utterly on what the breeder decides to sell them, and it's been at least 4 months since they last had a crowntail in. I'm looking into getting one from Halifax.

Order online and have delivered to your home. I've done so, many others have as well. Betta do great in the mail as long as temps are good and it's a quick shipment.

Sark

Cyberra
12-06-2010, 01:38 AM
Order online and have delivered to your home. I've done so, many others have as well. Betta do great in the mail as long as temps are good and it's a quick shipment.

Sark

Me being Canadian, it's the idiots in Customs I'm more worried about. I've had packages held up in Customs for nearly a month