PDA

View Full Version : My yellow veiltail

Wallyfish
06-28-2007, 12:38 AM
Hi. I was playing around with my digital camera which I finally found. Unfortunately haven't found the charger yet. Anyways here are some pics of my yellow betta in his eclipse 6 tank.
Here are his tankmates the three stooges. They are panda corys.
At the moment I am having a problem with algae as you can see but I keep wiping it of with a rag so it doesn't get too bad.

cocoa_pleco
06-28-2007, 02:49 AM
THAT IS A CRAAAAAAAAAZZZZYYYYYYYY nice betta!

troy
06-28-2007, 03:02 AM
How much did you pay for the betta. As already mentioned it's a cool looking betta.

Wallyfish
06-28-2007, 05:53 AM
Thanks, I don't recall the exact price but I think it was about $4 This tank sits on my computer desk next to me. I also have a 2.5 gallon right above it that I'll be entering in the TOTM so keep your eyes peeled. :c5:

cocoa_pleco
06-28-2007, 05:56 AM
ONLY 4$? seriously, take him to a fish show. enter him in the betta section. he should guaranteed at least get 2nd, if not first. that is a amazing betta

Wallyfish
06-28-2007, 06:44 AM
I didn't think he was show quality but I don't know anything about that. I picked him because yellow bettas are more rare than blue and red so he seemed more unique. There is a local petstore near where I live that has great bettas. The owner hand selects his bettas from the breeders. I go there to look for bettas as his dozen are always better than any 100 of the ones they sell at petsmart and walmart. Heres another pic
He is unnamed. Any suggestions?

kimmers318
06-28-2007, 11:17 AM
Very pretty and unusual color!
How about 'nana short for banana???!!! LOL

crackatinny
06-28-2007, 11:28 AM
I'm not really into bettas, but that is one nice looking fish.

He is a golden colour, so how about Nugget (as in gold nugget)

We have a yellow Indian ringneck (parrot) named Nugget

SkarloeysMom
06-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Great name Kimmers!

Continuing in the vein of the naming bettas after condiments how about Col. Mustard? HAHAHA!

Very beautiful betta and very cute Panda crew! Are you considering adding any more stuff to the tank. A few more plants, some rocks or sticks would really look nice and your fish would really like it.

Wallyfish
06-28-2007, 04:33 PM
The problem with plants is they grow too big for the 6 gal tank. I think my long term plans are to transfer my lily plant to my 29 gallon. Then I will slowly buy microsword until I can carpet the tank. My last attempt at microsword was unsuccessful and I think it was because the lily was blocking a large part of the light combined with this large snail I recently found in my tank that was probably munching on my plants roots. Its still in there. I'm debating whether or not I should remove it.

troy
06-28-2007, 09:27 PM
I was going to say it was show quality too, but I don't know much about show bettas. $4 is a very good deal. At my lfs's, the females and lowest quality males cost somewhere around $2.50 to $4.00.

cocoa_pleco
06-28-2007, 09:31 PM
that one can win. the last time i went to a show the winner was half as good as this one