PDA

View Full Version : Constipation issue persists!

fishn00b
11-19-2010, 12:34 AM
The tuesday I posted about my constipated betta and here it is thursday nigth and the bubble seems to have only gotten bigger!i was holding off on the peas hoping it would work itself out but it hasnt. All I have in my apt are some frozen green beans...will that work if I take the seeds out and smash them up? I doubt he will eat anything at this point though he looks so miserable.

Also, is this life threatening? How worried should I be?

fishn00b
11-19-2010, 10:58 PM
Fish died. Apparently it was more serious and fasting does not work for constipated bettas. Lesson learned.

Xavier
11-19-2010, 11:32 PM
I am sorry for your loss. Fasting can work. After 2 days of fasting, the next step would be the peas. After that Daphnia.

Sounds like your betta was too far along before you started fasting him. If you get a new betta, make sure you get the highest quality food and soak it for 10 mins before feeding it to him.

My betta is extremely picky, but will eat peas provided I drop in the pieces slowly.

Again, sorry for your loss.

fishn00b
11-22-2010, 03:39 AM
thanks, I never knew that about soaking the food with new fish. Thanks for the tip

Lady Hobbs
11-22-2010, 03:51 AM
Could have been something besides constipation, as well. Might have been internal parasites or a bacterial infection or any number of things.