PDA

View Full Version : Sick Coral Beauty?

papdt
06-26-2007, 08:05 AM
not sure if it is stress related or parasite, symptoms:
pale face, moving less around the tank (mainly hanging out in the bottom left corner, he is eating just like any other fish (flakes, granules, and frozen mysis shrimp, he is hardly grazing on the rocks,
water levels are fine, i purchased it a week ago and since he had to move from temporary holding tank (with rest of the fish and corals to the upgraded main tank) stress?
i don't want to quarantine him (and add more stress untill i can see definate signs of parasite/sickness

Rue
06-26-2007, 03:07 PM
...that's a tough one...

If it's infectious...your whole tank could get it...

If you have a QT tank set up...I'd use it...

cocoa_pleco
06-26-2007, 04:11 PM
just watch it for a few days. use a quarantine tank for sure in case hes really sick

kkyyllee
06-27-2007, 12:53 AM
it sounds like its stressed out from being moved around, id just keep an eye on it, and not move it anymore, what are the water parameters?

2manyfish
06-30-2007, 09:42 AM
What size tank? What other fish in the tank? What are your water parameters (we need the actual numbers please)? Are any of the other fish picking on it? What kind of filtration do you have on the tank? How often do you do water changes (how much is changed too)?

Too late to put it in QT. If it's got any disease or a parasitic infestation it's already in your main tank.

Has the fish improved at all in the last couple of days?