PDA

View Full Version : BBG 10g help

fishsafari
11-16-2010, 03:18 AM
I bought two Bumblebee Gobies for my tank at my LFS. I had Flame Tetras already. Since introducing them, the Flames try to eat everything I feed the Gobies (blackworms.) And, I have noticed the Flames chasing the Gobies. They are all currently in a 29g tank.

I have had some tell me that the BBG should be in brackish water, though the LFS had them in fresh. Clearly, these little Piranha-like Flames shouldn't be around them. I have a ten g I am trying to get going that I was going to put some plants and small fish in. Should I stick my Gobies in there, so they can eat their worms in peace?

And, if I do, what could I add later? (I'd love some ghost shrimp, since my children are dying to have some.)

Thanks!

ippielb
11-16-2010, 04:54 AM
Ghost shrimp shouldn't be a problem i don't think, my ghost shimp are an inch long, and the gobys only get around an inch and a half, i don't think they'd try and eat them. Ghost shrimp need brackish water to breed, why not give it a try to have brackish? maybe you might get free food for your goby's! Just a guess though, they say you should have 30 gallons for a pair of goby's though.

fishsafari
11-16-2010, 05:04 AM
I read something somewhere, maybe in the forum here, that Bumblebee Gobies do oddly better in a small tank.

Still though, just to be clear: BB Gobies--brackish, or no? Or both? Would that be brackish-ish???