PDA

View Full Version : strange color on my Bristlenose

Catgirl78
11-14-2010, 02:19 AM
I got 3 BNP's about 2 weeks ago. I haven't seen the 3rd one in a week so I'm just curious if he is still around. I know they can hide very well, but it does make me wonder. My question is: tonight I saw 2 BNP's out on the driftwood. One has a lot more spots than the other one. The other one is almost black. However, I noticed it now has kinda like a band between its head and the fin in the middle of its back (name?) that is a lot lighter than the rest of its body. It wasn't there before. Should I be concerned??

toddnbecka
11-14-2010, 05:37 AM
BN's are normally rather variable in color/pattern, and display differently depending on substrate color, mood, temp, light level, and/or probably a few other factors as well. As long as they don't have sunken bellies or split fins they're most likely fine.

Gisela
11-15-2010, 12:52 AM
When I moved my common pleco to his new 125 g he had stripes at least a week, than they were gone again. I think it is a sign of stress.

Catgirl78
11-15-2010, 01:33 AM
It could be from us putting in the mopani driftwood and taking out a decoration. I wanted to keep it in, but my husband didn't due to lack of space, because the bnp's liked to be on that one a lot.