PDA

View Full Version : Sailfin Molly & Cichlid Tank?

dizzygood
11-12-2010, 01:07 AM
I have a bonded pair of sailfin mollies who are very large (and who keep having babies, but that's another story). I have 2 20-gal tanks not yet cycled: one is a 20-long and the other is the Eclipse 20 sort of bow front. I can't go bigger at this time. Could I have my Mr. & Mrs. Big, my sailfins, with some small (as adults) cichlids and, if so, which ones and how many? Thanks.

rangur1
11-20-2010, 12:32 PM
with the tanks you have i don't see how. i see the sailfins in one tank and maybe some cichlid species in the other. rams, possibly shellies.

dizzygood
11-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Thanks, Rangur. I have one blue ram I got sort of as a test case as a community fish. He is in a 20 gallon I'm in the middle of aqascaping. He is doing fine with one hatchet fish, 1 young female sailfin molly, and a female platty who was being bullied in another tank. Oh, and 2 white clouds and a pleco. He is gorgeous and seem healthy and I went back to get more but they were a special purchase sold out and won't be offered in that store again. Do you know if it is possible to keep blue rams with killifish?
Thanks.