PDA

View Full Version : Happy Cherry Shrimps

kurly
11-08-2010, 06:22 PM
The cherry shrimp I received a couple of weeks ago are coloring up nicely. :ssmile: Females are nice and red and the males are coloring but not as red of course. They are growing too, I am seeing little molts all over the place. They are swimming around the tank doing their little excercise laps and hopping from plant to plant. A few of them love to hang upside down on my driftwood branch.

I dropped a few little Shrimp Cuisine pellets in the tank and it was so cute how some of them had them picked one up in their little a arms, legs (whatever they are called) and were munching away.

Really hoping to have many more in a few months

Lady Hobbs
11-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Did you get them online? I've been wanting some too. Loved the ones I had before but my tetra's ate them. grrrr

kurly
11-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Yes, I did get them online from someone who had an abundance of them and was selling them at a good price. I purchased a mixture of male and female, 24 in all. Only lost one after acclimation. I decided to set up my 10 gallon planted tank as a Shrimp only tank in hopes that they will be able to breed without any Fish gobbling them up :ssmile:

Hopefully when some of them are as large as the two I have in my main tank I will be able to move them over.

The two I have in my main tank are female and HUGE! I've had them for a couple of years and they are as large as most of my Tetras so the tetras don't bother them.

So far I'm really enjoying having a Shrimp only tank and look forward to little shrimp babies as I haven't had anything reproduce before, be it Shrimps or Fish.

Sarkazmo
11-08-2010, 10:42 PM
You'll have more, that's for sure. If you have enough to start a colony (20+,) and the water's good, you'd have a hard time keeping them from multiplying.

I got mine from eBay and a guy on Plantedtank.net by the name of EpicFish: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/swap-n-shop/72777-fs-red-cherry-shrimp-free-shipping.html

Sark

kurly
11-09-2010, 01:08 AM
That's what I'm hoping for! A nice little colony of Cherry Red Shrimp. I just changed the water today and checked the parameters. All is good thumbs2:

I got my Cherry Shrimp from the plantedtank.net too (Didn't know that I could post the link to another site on here or I would have) I need to read the rules on that I guess.