PDA

View Full Version : Just curious about everyone's BNP's

Catgirl78
11-07-2010, 01:15 AM
Hi all. I got 3 BNP's a week and half ago. The owner of the LFS seemed a bit reluctant to sell them to me, saying "They are only 3 inches." I took them home and they have been thriving. When I see them up on the glass, I check their bellies and they are getting their fill of the algae and uneaten flakes that sank to the bottom.

My question is: It is very rare for me to see all 3 at the same time. I often find 2. 1 is lighter (has a lot more spots) than the other 2 so I can tell the difference. One of the darker ones is more bold about coming out with the lights on. Do you have similar experiences?

funkman262
11-07-2010, 01:19 AM
When I had a BNP in my 45g with black sand, driftwood and live plants, I had to search for him even when he was right in front of my face because he blended in so well lol. A lot of the time during the day though, he would be on either the back or underside of the driftwood. I rarely saw him on the front glass during the day.

MCHRKiller
11-07-2010, 01:23 AM
I see mine quite often, they always come out to feed and can be seen "working" on some algae during the day. I have 4 in my 100G and 5 in my 150G...wouldnt say its rare. 3" is also not really small for a BNP...they usually top out around 4-4.5"...so they are well beyond the juvie stage.

rich311k
11-07-2010, 01:56 AM
I never see all of mine either. They will disappear into the foliage and decorations. Some are bolder than others.

~Col~
11-07-2010, 09:56 AM
My big one is always hiding, only comes out now and again to feed. The other two I see most of the time.

3" is about what my smaller two are at now. They were barely an inch long when I got them. My bigger one is getting close to maturity and size I think, around 5".

gadget228
11-07-2010, 11:42 AM
I have a breeding pair that are always out in the open, the only time the male isn't out is when he is sitting on the nest, the fry aren't shy either, each batch has a spot they prefer to hang out in.