PDA

View Full Version : Ready for spawning?

BiGBlak
11-04-2010, 07:49 PM
I came home this morning to fin that 2 out of 3 of my female paecoxs are noticeably fat and the other one isnt . this was before i fed them so could it be ? i have 5 pretty bright dudes and 3 females . if thats the case how long do i got until they relese them and whats should i do ? place them in one of them fry nets ? my QT is occupied with 3 boesmani and a red rainbow... Kinda excited but very well un prepared to deal with this .

Rue
11-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Oh! THOSE kind of dwarfs...:14:

BiGBlak
11-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Oh! THOSE kind of dwarfs...:14:
LOL.:hmm3grin2orange:

BiGBlak
11-05-2010, 06:28 AM
Any Ideas?

Dave66
11-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Rainbowfish are egg scatters, and usually spawn over fine leaved plants like Cabomba, at least that's what they do in my tank. The fry are very tiny, and must have the tiniest of foods, either green (algae) water or infusoria, Paramecium being the most acceptable to tiny fry like your neon rainbows. Rotifers follow when they start to lose interest in the Paramecium, baby brine shrimp after the fry lose interest in the rotifers. Rainbowfish fry aren't difficult to raise, requiring frequent small meals, clean conditions, nightly partial water changes (20 percent), space, and warmth.

I've raised a lot of neon rainbowfish fry exactly as I describe.

They spawn just after daylight in my tanks.

Dave

Lady Hobbs
11-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Bows will spawn in the main tank but will immediately eat the eggs just like Tetra's. A pair needs to go into a breeding tank with moss or something similar on the bottom for them to spawn in and parents removed immediately after.

The term is full of eggs, not "knocked up." I changed your thread title!

Rue
11-05-2010, 04:51 PM
...oh sure...now my joke isn't as funny anymore...:hmm3grin2orange:

:14:

Greentoads41
11-07-2010, 03:31 PM
When my australian rainbows bred, the male was noticeably more colorful and the female was definitely fatter. They stayed this way for about 2-2 and a half weeks. They bred every day, with less eggs being released each new day. Mine bred in the morning. I wood suggest that if you don't have live plants, make or buy a spawning mop to catch the eggs with, because as soon as my rainbows laid they went all over the place trying to eat the eggs.