PDA

View Full Version : My very first aquascape ....

mermaidwannabe
11-04-2010, 07:37 PM
I decided to include my "user" namesake in the scaping. Does anyone realize how difficult it is to FIND mermaid to go into an aquarium? I finally located this one at PetCo. None of the LFS's in my area stock any kind or form of mermaids, though they have plenty of castles and other fantasy ornaments. You'd think a fish store would sell those. Just not enough demand, I guess. Anyway, this is a beautiful scape. Enjoy....

funkman262
11-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Looking good. How about a full tank shot?

kurly
11-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Awww, how pretty :ssmile: I'm amazed that a mermaid for the aquarium was so difficult to find. I never really pay much attention to that when I'm in the LFS's in my area. Of course as you stated, there are a zillion ships, castles etc. to choose from.

mermaidwannabe
11-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Hi, Funkman -- below is a close-up of the mid-section of this first aquascape, and the following pic is of the opposite end from the mermaid. I can't post a single panoramic shot of this scape, because I used the close-up setting exclusively on my camera. But by viewing all three sections, you can see what the entire scape looked like.

Being that this was my first aquascaping, the goldfish are still in my tank at that time. In fact, I had just put them in there from the outdoor pond they had been living in all summer.

Dig the blue crab! Enjoy these next two ...

-- mermaidwannabe

mermaidwannabe
11-04-2010, 11:24 PM
And here's the opposite end, as stated above. The blue crab is in this one ...

sebastien
11-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Sorry if I missed it..Care to tell us about your tank? Size? Stocking?

mermaidwannabe
11-04-2010, 11:46 PM
It's a 20-gallon-high. Other photos I've posted show my later scapings, of which there are several.

For awhile, I had four goldfish, one very small (2 inches max), one 3 inches, one 4 inches and a 5-inch shubunkin.

I also had snails, and a hi-fin shark.

I later rehomed the goldfish, and replaced them with ten minnows and six zebra danios and a Dojo (weather loach). My later pics show some of those.

I got another hi-fin because I read they like being with others of their own kind. I won't be getting anymore of those, because they get really big and I'll soon be rehoming the ones I have.

I plan on getting another little Dojo and maybe some red glo-fish danios. The Dojo also likes to be homed with other Dojos.

Throughout this forum, you can see several reincarnations of my aquascaping.

-- mermaidwannabe