PDA

View Full Version : ooook

Reefkeeper18
11-03-2010, 08:37 PM
sooo i got a tank 35g wondering what my trace element levels should be... my magnesium is over 1,500 my calcium is 640 and my alkalinity is 10.6. what can i do to improve those? have eny suggestions for fish,corals, or invertibrates?(I already have two scooter blennies, a pair of ocellaris clowns a feather fuster cleaner shrimp and five american star snails)

sebastien
11-03-2010, 09:38 PM
I love royal grammas! http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=16+2167&aid=2386

labnjab
11-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Magnesium and calcium are a little high. Calcium should be between 380 and 450 and mag between 1200 and 1400. Your alkalinity is great

MCHRKiller
11-03-2010, 11:57 PM
Fish wise you are done IMO, corals would depend on your light level. However you cannot go wrong with Zoas, Palys and various shrooms...they are easy to care for and offer alot of color. For inverts some hermits, snails such as nassarius, astraea, and margarita are awesome. You may think about a couple of peppermint shrimp as well. :22:

ILuvMyGoldBarb
11-04-2010, 02:01 AM
Well, just wait a little while and you probably won't have the Scooters, then you can think of adding more. Scotter Blennies are not really a Blenny, they are in fact a Dragonette. They come from the same genus, and have much of the same dietary requirements. While Scooters are more likely to take processed foods then their Mandarin cousins, and are more likely to survive, they will still need live food (pods) in their diet.

Reefkeeper18
11-04-2010, 02:39 AM
ok so i have a metal halide. looking to buy some rarer frags and then frag because of the smaller size of my tank once the colonies get big enough.(suggestions?) and wtf dude at fish store and like two articles said that i wouldn't have to feed scooters. said theyd find enough to eat in sand and on rock. any suggestions on colorful anemones my clowns would accept as a host?(that wouldn't eat other smaller fish) thinks thats it.... lol got tons of stuff i'm figuring out but its getting easier. ill get to mooch off the 70g tank my brothers gettin and 150 my father is going to buy. oooo yea how could i breed clowns? wanna make some extra money. wanna sped for quarrantine/nursery but dont wanna invest without getting something

sebastien
11-04-2010, 02:49 AM
I love big old tubs for nurseries! I even cut in half a livewell off my boat..it's 25gal. 36x18x8

Reefkeeper18
11-04-2010, 02:51 AM
i have an old freshwater 10g tank. still in really good condition. just need to find hood and buy equipment... how do i get the clowns to mate?