PDA

View Full Version : Some new acquisitions ...

mermaidwannabe
10-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Got six Zebra Danios yesterday, and four more minnows. One of the minnows is a tiny tyke -- only 3/4 of an inch long (their adult size is one-and-a-half inches). These are a joy to watch. They are all very active swimmers, and go crazy at feeding time.

Good thing I have a tight lid on my tank with only enough (teensy) openings to accommodate the airline tubing and over-the-frame hook of my Maxi-Jet / Venturi system. The guy at the LFS warned that danios like to jump out of the tank! They try that in my tank, they'll be bumping up against the bottom of the lid.

I thought I would increase the numbers in the school of minnows, because I only had seven, and four more broadens out the school nicely to eleven. They seem more active and contented in the larger school.

Always nice to get new fish ...

-- mermaidwannabe

Rhaethe
10-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Nice! As time passes, I find myself favoring white clouds and similar more and more. They tend to be some of the neatest yet most underrated fish often times. I need to beef up my own school.

And I've always eyed these long fin leopard danios in a nearby lfs. Simple fish ... but really pretty.