PDA

View Full Version : RCS vs The Fertilizer

thedeanorama
10-17-2010, 07:19 AM
I have been reading that invertebrates are sensitive to copper. I have been dosing my plants with a few ml of Flourish a couple of times a week which contains 0.0001% of water soluble copper. Is this a small enough dosing that I need not worry or should I keep the tank 100% copper free?

rich311k
10-17-2010, 01:56 PM
There is not enough copper to cause any concern. I fertilize my tanks with shrimp in them, no problems for the shrimp, they happily go about their bussiness.

thedeanorama
10-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Good to know, thanks. I lost a couple but I think I found the bodies of the ones that didnt make it after their night of being stuck in the spin cycle in my skimmer. After that incident they all pretty much disappeared for a while. Took me quite a while yesterday to just get a 3 count, so either there is a body I cant find or he is just dug into the plants someplace and I cant find him.

I was reading also that the bigger the group the more likely they will feel bold enough to venture out of the vegetation/hidey holes. I'll add another 10-12 to the mix today and see what that does for their comfort level.