PDA

View Full Version : Plant I.d!!

CrazedMichael
10-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Hey guys, Sorry if this is a topic that has been foraged many times before, but seeing as you guys have been helpful, i'll have a go!

Here are the pics...

1st Pic.. Bought last week so it's my new plant of them all.
2nd Pic.. When bought, it had darker green leaves with hues of deep red.
3rd Pic.. Got loads of these in the tank, and before adding new nutrient rich substrate, the leaves always eventually died out
4th Pic.. This was originally all bunched together, i have separated most of the stems to spread them out a little
5th Pic.. No need for ID but i just wanted your opinion on it. I bought it about a month ago, and it was in a plastic box for a while before that. Is growth optimal?

To Be Continued!

CrazedMichael
10-16-2010, 06:26 PM
6th Pic.. This one was also bunched together and seperated for the same reasons. This one was alot more reddish in colour when first bought.

Hope you guys can help me ID them once and for all!

Last pic is a FTS! Hope you like it!

Jacko
10-16-2010, 06:26 PM
1.) Giant Hygro - Hygrophila corymbosa
2.) Ludwigia repens
3.) I would say E. uraguayensis but since leaf width and length vary alot depending on conditions you can't be certain
4.) wisteria
5.) Wouldn't say its looking happy, alot of brown where there shouldn't be... but it might have also been emersed growth when you got it and readjusting
6.) hygro polysperma

CrazedMichael
10-16-2010, 06:29 PM
I was sure its a ludwigia but i want to know which species as well. Also i know its a sword, but again, i wanted to know which species!

Thanks for your quick reply though!