PDA

View Full Version : Drat - I broke my aquarium lid...

dragonsparks
10-14-2010, 03:30 PM
We bought a 90 gallon aquarium used off of a friend ($50 with stand, BARGAIN!) who just wasn't interested in keeping fish. The lid came in two glass pieces, one piece of which was attached to the black center hinge type thing in the middle, the other which was just a piece of glass. We hadn't bothered putting it together, but not having the pieces together created a lip on the lid of the aquarium, and I was getting little pools of dripped water on the lid. So today I decided to try and put the two pieces back together in the hinge.

Well, I broke the one piece. Into about 8 smaller pieces.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can get a replacement part made? I'm not sure of the make of the aquarium - I'm gonna have to ask my friend if he knows, but I kinda think that is a long shot. Rats!!! And I'm almost ready to put fish in this tank, too!!
(the inside lip of the tank measures about 47 and 13/16th long by 17 13/16ths wide).

sailor
10-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Just take the mesurements of the replacement piece of glass you need to a auto glass shop such as "Speedy" etc. They can cut you a replacement very cheap. I had half of a lid break on a 120 gal cut and edges polished for under 20 bucks.

dragonsparks
10-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Thank you! I hadn't thought of that! :)