PDA

View Full Version : quick diagnosis site

sp00f
10-08-2010, 06:04 AM
a little oversimplified, and the "cure" for all of them is pretty much BUY OUR DRUGS!!!! But I've used it to do a quick symptom --> diagnosis match. Good long list of possible problems all in one place so you know what to google.

Disease Chart (http://www.gbasonline.org/disease_chart.htm)

I wouldn't buy most of their drugs though, a lot of this stuff can be fixed without em. What I use it for is to diagnose and then look elsewhere for further research and recommendation.

Nautiline
10-08-2010, 06:11 AM
Hey, that's really handy. *bookmarks* Thank you.

promise
10-08-2010, 02:14 PM
same As above.

Spardas
10-08-2010, 04:31 PM
One note of caution is to actually do some research on the ingredients in the medicine pack. Before you start dumping in medication just based on the list; please understand the effects of the medication on livestock.

Different medication can have different potency level depending on the type of tank as well as livestock.

Some advice on that link isn't the best solution either, so you should also try to find other sources and compare. Some solutions are just quick fixes and the problem will occur again if the root isn't targeted.

sp00f
10-08-2010, 08:54 PM
yeah, sorry if I wasn't clear about that, I use only the 2 left-hand columns and ignore the drug ads. Some of the stuff on there is just silly, like the "fingerprints on the glass" or "dirty sand" thing. The vast majority of this stuff can be fixed in other ways than drugs, but it's quicker than posting "why are they rubbing on the glass????" and then waiting for someone to answer and then cross-checking it with all the other answers and everything. It at least gives you something to google in case that's the problem you have. Also, it points out a few problems like putting in new fish and things, that aren't actually problems and will likely go away once the fish acclimate so you can stop panicking.

Scrup
10-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Wow...learn something new everyday. Never heard of this disease-

GLASS DIRTY ON OUTSIDE.

In all seriousness, not a bad site, even more surprising to find it as an advertisement.

And to be honest while some of it may be crap I have had good luck with Jungle Labs products.

Sandz
12-17-2010, 05:59 PM
I see Dropsey but not bloat... Would the swim bladder look exactly like bloat?

Northernguy
12-17-2010, 06:34 PM
No, bloat and swim bladder are two different things but bloat can lead to swim bladder problems.Poor diet are causes of both.
Constipation causes swollen abdomen and prevents the swim bladder from working properly.

Sandz
12-17-2010, 07:39 PM
i wish i could force feed a pea to the fish that has it. The fish has been eating Cichlid Gold, Brine Shrimp and Hakari Blood Worms also I give them general Wardley Tropical flakes. if any of the food isnt up to standard please let me know. This is the first issue I have had with sickness in my fish of this type.

Surfdog
04-18-2011, 02:56 AM
Thanks Spoof! Very handy Indeed...:22:

Aeonflame
04-23-2011, 04:25 PM
GLASS DIRTY ON OUTSIDE. Fingerprints or drip marks. Finger grease. Use SERI CLEAN.

Lol... this has to be my all time personal favorite