PDA

View Full Version : Sick Platy Fry

Mark Lathrop
06-20-2007, 03:50 AM
I have two Platy fry that are just sitting in the corners of the tank not moving. Well, one kind of swims around every great once in a while, but acts kind of like his head is kind of too heavy, but mostly just lays there and is kind of tippy. Neither are eating either.

I treated the entire tank with melafix/pimafix. Any suggestions/recommendations?

Oh yeah, and another weird thing too, one of the fry just up and went missing. Can't find him anywhere and I checked everything.

Ammonia = 0, Nitrite = 0, Nitrate = 8 or 9.

Do water changes daily.

ChurchofAdam
06-20-2007, 02:43 PM
I think you'll always have some percentage with birth defects... is medicating the fry tank a good idea? you could end up stunting the whole drop's growth

Mark Lathrop
06-20-2007, 02:57 PM
I think you'll always have some percentage with birth defects... is medicating the fry tank a good idea? you could end up stunting the whole drop's growth

I was wondering that too but I didn't have much of a choice as my hospital tank is housing some tiny fry at the moment. I monitored them all night after the medication and one of the two is acting rather normal right now.

MacAnthony
06-20-2007, 05:42 PM
How old???

Mark Lathrop
06-20-2007, 06:03 PM
They are about 5 weeks old.