PDA

View Full Version : Mating Behavior ?

BiGBlak
09-21-2010, 03:40 AM
Heres a vid that i think is the male trying to mate im not sure tho because i only had them for 5 days they seem to do this every night ...
SnuA7ZMbNso

Goes to 11!
09-21-2010, 08:01 AM
I know nothing about rainbows, When you Googled 'Bosmani Rainbow spawning/mating behaviour' did anything describing/picturing what your seeing come up?

rich311k
09-21-2010, 11:18 AM
That is two males doing the dominance dance, fight thing. Perfectly normal. Mine do it all the time.

BiGBlak
09-21-2010, 04:23 PM
That is two males doing the dominance dance, fight thing. Perfectly normal. Mine do it all the time.
I didn't think they would dance lol so that's why I had a thought it may be some type of mating dance they are constantly doing that and it's kind of annoying because they stay in that corner or another corner most of the days , will adding more stop that or make it more competitive ? I plan on getting two more this weekend or early next week like Monday or Tuesday . I was pretty sure they bothe where males when I bought them so to ask if they where mating felt kind of dumb but I thought all dominace was more like flaring and chasing .... Would getting all males bring out more color or throwing in a female make them color up more or it doesn't matter with rainbowfish? Thnks.