PDA

View Full Version : ghost shrimp & guppies

Tes
06-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Hi,
:bfish:

I'm totally new to aquariums and water gardening. My water garden started with just plants and some how my 3 year old talked me into getting fish, I got guppies. I had the first water garden at my campsite, in Jackson NJ. After returning from the week at home, I found we had fry...I took them home to my water garden at the house. Then I found myself very interested into these little guys. Well, it's all history now. Some how I found ghost shrimp and was told they are good algea eaters, so I bought them my water garden at home is filled with allgea well after doing more research I found they really aren't and they will eat my fry, I don't want that. They are just too cute. Now I'm in between a rock and a "shrimp" (ok I know it was corny). They will be arriving this week so I have to think of something fast. Any suggestions?

~Erik3.8.07~
06-19-2007, 09:22 PM
welcome to the forums. this thread might do a little better in the beginner section or the general section but my suggestion is to go out and by a second little tank for the fry to keep them isolated so they are safe

Drumachine09
06-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Unless you want to be totally overrun with fry, just leave them in the main tank and let the food chain work it out.